Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cheerfulness as put by Wayne Dyer


Blessed Are the Cheerful!

In terms of outward appearances there is something noticeable about people who have reached a high level of spiritual awareness. They seem to be in a constant state of bliss. In my own life I know that my state of cheerfulness is a reliable gauge of my level of spiritual enlightenment at that moment. The more cheerful, happy, contented, and satisfied I am feeling, the more aware I am of my deep connection to Spirit.
Ask yourself this key question, “How do I feel most of the time?” If your answer is that you feel anxious, anguished, hurt, depressed, frustrated, and so on, then you have a spiritual disconnect. This could mean you have allowed your personal energy field to become contaminated by the debilitating forces of low energy around you.
When you are spiritually connected, you are not looking for occasions to be offended and you are not judging and labeling others. You are in a state of grace in which you know you are connected to God and thus free from the effects of anyone or anything external to yourself.
I ask myself, “How am I truly feeling inside?” If my answer is “Not so hot” or “Upset,” I meditate and go to the quiet place where I can plug into my spiritual power source. The state of cheerfulness returns quickly. Every teacher who has been truly significant in my life has demonstrated this wondrous quality of being able to laugh, to take life lightly, to be silly and giddy.
Use this measure to test your own level of spiritual awareness, and if you are not of good cheer remind yourself that you will never be fully satisfied but in Spirit.

**Well put by Dr. Dyer.  He has be instrumental in the shift that has happened in my life over the past few years.  I am in the process of writing my next entry titled:  Run Happy, Live Happy, Be Happy!  (to be completed soon).

3 comments:

  1. Really a good way to evaluate oneself. I especially like the silly and giddy part. I think we encourage that in each other. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absofriggin'lutely. How can we enjoy life if we aren't really enjoying it?? GETCHUSOMMADAT!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true. In a similar vein, the Hassidic Master, the Alter Rebbe (1745-1812), commented on one of his greatest disciples, Reb Moshe Vilenker, that "he has reached such a high spiritual level that he is incapable of quarreling with anyone but himself (ie the constant struggle to better himself)"

    ReplyDelete